Wednesday, June 6, 2007

So bored.

It's not that I haven't had time to post. As much work as studying for the bar exam is (and there's really a lot to do), if you've only got one single thing to focus on in your entire life, odds are you'll be able to find time to do that one thing and much more besides. And with my beautiful wife and dumb but adorable dog still sweltering down in Charlottesville, with not having a whole lot of money, and with most of my friends busy with the same thing I am (only on different schedules), bar review has pretty much been my one thing. So I've had the time...just haven't had anything to say. Because, you know, all I'm doing is bar review.

Studying for the bar exam is dreadful. There're no two ways about that. You're spoken to like an eight-year-old about things 90% of which you already learned in law school, some 50% of which are so dumbed-down for bar exam purposes as to actually have been made blatantly false, and at the end of the day you're likely to have forgotten most of it anyway. For you visually oriented people, it's really very much like this, only much, much less funny.



I'm sure the exam itself will be markedly less pleasant than even this. But then I'll go to Europe and be happy for two weeks.

I almost feel bad about posting this, because this guy was so obviously trying to draw otherwise undeserved national attention to himself, and it's an awful example for the kids that play baseball for him and all that (not that the five people who will watch it on here add appreciably to the two million or so who have seen it on YouTube or the untold millions who saw it on SportsCenter, but it's the principle of the thing). But nonetheless, it's pretty funny.



Still probably not quite as good as this one from last season. This one was slightly more creative, but not nearly as crazy (crazy though it was). But enough of that.

I know I had something more to say, but it's gone right through my already empty head. I suppose that's good; maybe I'll remember and come back in something less than three weeks.

No comments: