Wednesday, August 22, 2007

So glad it's not triplets

Eh, what's two months?

We've just returned (well, like five days ago) from a trip through western Europe. It was fabulous, and I have lots of pictures, and I'll write some sort of little write-up of it soon. But not now.

I've just seen this commercial again during this afternoon's Sox-Royals game, and I'm reminded of why we have social services.

Now, did those kids write that "song" themselves, or is someone just trying to make people want to kill those (otherwise) cute little kids? I believe there's only one word to describe this commercial and everyone involved in its making, and that word is: eeeeeeeeeeelllllllluuuuughghghghhh.

Speaking of doomed children, we're having one of our own! You probably already knew that, but I felt I should make the announcement anyway. Due in early February, and we're not finding out re. gender until it comes.

Also, we've found a townhouse in northern Chicago, and we're closing on Friday (but not really moving in for a couple weeks). We still haven't sold our house in Virginia, which is going to be that much harder without any furniture in it, but, well, it'll happen sometime.

Another thing that's happened since I've been gone was my ten-year (!) high school reunion. I went, and we looked like this:

It was a lot more fun than I expected. Considering my graduating class was all of 53 people (so that picture there is literally about half of us), and I hadn't seen about 50 of them pretty much since the end of the graduation party season ten years ago, there was a whole lot of potential for awkwardness there, but it didn't really happen. So that's cool.

Oh, and the bar exam. Meh. It'll be easier next time.

So we're going back to C-Ville to throw stuff in boxes and supervise the movers next Tuesday-Friday, then to Minnesota (and even eventually to Minneapolis without the 35W bridge...that'll be fun) over Labor Day weekend, then I start work on September 5. That's all; trip write-up coming soon. Ta!

No comments: